Welcome to Boy Scout Troop 70 from North Chelmsford MA. We meet at the West Chelmsford United Methodist Church. The troop was established in 1965 and we are members of the Spirit of Adventure Council.
During the year we organize many activities including the following:
- Canoe trips on the Saco Connecticut or Allagash rivers
- White water rafting
- Hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire
- Bicycle trips on Nantucket MA
- Attending the Chelmsford town meetings
Our main philanthropic activity, and fund-raising opportunity, is a Christmas tree pickup service that we provide to the community for donations.
Many of our scouts have made it to the rank of Eagle Scout. Their eagle projects have been in many areas:
- Building a practice start ramp for the CHS ski team
- Repairing winter shelters for hikers and campers
- Protective fencing at school playgrounds
- A Gazebo at a school playground
- A cement sidewalk at a middle school
Our troop is scout run. There are adult advisors but much of the responsibility is left with the scouts for organizing, mentoring and leading new scouts.
We have gone to summer camp at Camp WAH-TUT-CA in Northwood, New Hampshire, and are shopping around to find a new summer camp home.